What’s in my makeup bag?
For years I have been trying everything on the market, as far as makeup goes, from artist brands to drugstore favorites. These are the staples that I can’t live without and that stay in my makeup bag no matter where I go.
1. Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Raspberry. The perfect red for everyday. Adds a tint of color to my lips without looking overdone.
2. Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. When my lips need moisture I grab chapstick, but this one has a slight red-brown tint.
3. Sephora Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner in Keep Brown & Keep Black. Eyeliner that doesn’t budge! Finally, an inexpensive water-resistant formula that has intense color.
4. Bobbi Brown 6 pan palette. This pan holds my favorite eye shadows (shimmer wash & matte), blush (Nectar), and touch up concealer (Beige). Great to have on the go (and in the back of a cab)! And comes with a big mirror inside- a huge plus for travel.
5. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Sand. There is no wonder why Bobbi calls this, in combination with the corrector (below), the “Secret of the Universe”. I cannot live without these products— they moisturize (so important), conceal, and correct to make me look like the best version of myself.
6. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque. Completely covers my hereditary dark circles and makes me look awake and refreshed.
7. Smashbox Brow Tech Trio in Brunette. This brow trio contains a clear wax for keeping my unruly hairs in place, and two tinted matte powders to define and shape my brows. Your brows frame your face! Mine stay put and look naturally full with this product.
8. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Sand Dollar. Oily lids are no longer a problem for me when I wear this long wear cream shadow as a shadow primer. An added benefit is that in a hurry, it looks simple and natural alone.
9. MAC matte powder blusher in Harmony. This color gives my cheekbones definition when used as a contour, but gives my skin a healthy glow when applied as a bronzer. What I love most is that it is a matte formula so my naturally oily skin isn’t also shining with shimmer.
10. Covergirl Natureluxe Mousse mascara in Very Black. Since I replace my mascara frequently for hygiene, I don’t like to splurge— and the drugstores make great formulas for under $10. This is my new favorite. It’s extremely pigmented and gives my lashes volume, separation, and length. This is the first drugstore mascara that doesn’t give fallout throughout the day— great for those who wear contacts!
11. Covergirl eyelash curler. For my short, dense lashes that need a curl.
12. Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 118. This foundation has changed my life by changing my complexion. It is oil free, medium to full coverage, matte, easy to apply with fingers or brush, and, the full range of colors makes it so easy to find the true shade that matches any skin tone. Additionally, the bottle is has the hygenic pump and one pump covers my whole face, which means the entire bottle lasts about 4-6 months. Amazing.