My Life as a Makeup Artist.
Brides are the most fun clients for any makeup application because they are excited, you’re helping them look good for their man, and the makeup is almost always neutrals to make them look naturally beautiful and polished.
We did 2 trials before figuring out the perfect look and came up with these products:
1. Laura Mercier oil-free primer. This created a layer over her moisturizer, keeping it locked in, and provided a smooth base for her foundation. No touch ups needed!
2. Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15. Since it was an outdoor wedding during a sunny Labor Day weekend, we opted for a foundation with SPF to protect her skin, while creating a flawless finish.
3. Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer. For those of us getting to that age when we need more moisture under the eyes, this concealer is a best bet. With brightening and moisturizing properties, this concealer was working double duty while hiding any darkness under the eye.
4. Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder Golden Bronze. I worked this bronzer onto her cheekbones, temples, and slightly on the bridge of her nose to create warmth and a natural glow.
5. Smashbox Photo Lid Primer. This is a no-creasing miracle! Despite the warm weather on the day of her wedding, this eyelid primer kept her shadow looking fresh and crease-less.
6. Stila Eye Shadow Trio in Ethereal. For this wedding, the bride wanted to have natural, but defined eyes. I used the bone shimmer color all over the lid. Next, I blended the taupe color into her crease with a tapered brush, beneath the brow bone. Finally, I used the chocolate brown with a smudging brush along her upper and lower lash line for added definition.
7. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Black. With a fine liner brush, I started with a thin line along the inner corner of the lash line and along the outer corner gradually thickened it.
8. Laura Mercier Corner Faux Eyelashes. Applied with waterproof Duo glue and Tweezerman tweezers for precision, these lashes added the little exta oomph to her eyes. (See photo).
9. BADgal Waterproof Mascara. With humidity, laughter, and tears of joy, waterproof mascara is a MUST for any bride. BADgal’s feathery full brush packs on mascara to make lashes look unforgettable.
10. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lip Glaze in Coral. This lip color is a long wear and it truly did the job! It acted as a base color and primer that kept her lips looking full for every photo op.
11. Cargo Gloss Quad in South Beach. To give the lips a bit of sheen, I applied the Sheer Pink color over the ColorStay with a lip brush. Picture perfect!
(Photos by Rosen-Jones Photography).
(Source: citygirlinme.tumblr.com )